You deserve 5 minutes to yourself. Hell you deserve 5 hours to yourself, but sometimes all you get is 5 minutes so use them wisely…
- Stretch it out lady! You know that crazy exaggerated stretch your cat does every morning when it wakes up? Well it’s totes your turn.
- Mindful breathing. Focus only on your breathing and either a calming word (i.e. peace, calm, serenity) or image of a happy place and breathe in deeply through your nose for 4 seconds and an exaggerated exhale through your mouth for 4 seconds. Repeat 10-15 times.
- Make a to-do list. Get it out of your head and on to a piece of paper. Free up some space in your mind for images of shirtless Ryan Gosling and other such necessities.
- Put down your damn phone! Social media and your work email will be there when you return. Stop comparing yourself and your life to fictional Instagram accounts and fluffed up Facebook timelines.
- Look through an old photo album. Memories and images of nostalgia allow you to escape the present and bask in the past.