Mornings are rough. Period. Your bed is warm, you have to get out of it. Your dog is staring at you, he has to be walked. Your Keurig broke last week and you forget to replace it every day until it’s morning and you’re stuck in the 16 car line at Dunkin…again. But, mornings can also be the perfect time to relax and set up your mind, body, and soul for the day ahead. The important thing to remember with morning self care is to play to your strengths. Hate working out? Then a 6am spin class isn’t for you. Love nature? Take your dog on a long walk and breath in the fresh air. Below are 5 options for morning self-care to help you get up, get moving, and feel relaxed throughout the day.
- Get up 30 minutes early, make a cup of coffee, then get back in bed and use those 30 extra minutes to read a book or magazine, stalk people on social media, or snuggle with your hubby.
- Exercise. Go for a walk or run. Hit the gym. Or Daily Burn in your living room. You’ll feel energized, productive, and set yourself up for not feeling guilty indulging when the baker at work brings in brownies for the group.
- Watch one of your favorite shows on the DVR. Put your feet up, relax, and enjoy some down time before the chaos.
- Get the house in order. Do a load of laundry, finish the dishes, or de-clutter. You’ll feel accomplished and come home form work with less on your to-do list.
- Have a conversation with a friend or family member. Not the friend or family member that never has anything nice to say. The one that makes you laugh and puts you in a positive mood.